Saturday, November 26, 2011

EWOT Twelve

Now, while writing this article, I’m in the Element Hotel in Time Square, New York; I just survived in the shopping crowd of Black Friday and I definitely found some interesting situations.

First of all is the difference between  Wednesday and Friday. When I went to the 5th. Avenue on Wednesday, the avenue was almost empty, but when I went their on Friday, it’s corwded with people from all over the world (I have to admit that most of them are Chinese…). Why? The answer is simple: people expect the price of goods on 5th. Avenue to decline on Friday, so their demand on Wednesday decreases.

However, when I walk around brands like Bur Berry and Channel, I see almost no difference. Why? Bur Berry and Channel, with no doubts, are luxuries. People know that brands like this will never discount as much as H&M; also even though they really did discount at 50% off, they’re still expensive, most people still cannot afford them.

In the end, instead of  keeping closed on Tuesday and make discount on Fridaysome brands decided to keep open and start discounting just on Tuesday. Why? When you see the name of the brands, such as Quicksilver, Levi’s, you’ll nnotice that they are just somparative cheap. Yes, in this case, those brands are just inferior goods. Hence the sellers decide to avoid the demand increase f other brands on Friday, which increase suggets a demand decrease on their own goods.

No comments:

Post a Comment